Bienvenidos a Oaxaca!

I'm Bryan Dahms, and these are my adventures in Oaxaca, Mexico. I'm from Palmer, Alaska and am studying spanish at the Instituto Cultural Oaxaca.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

¡Salsa!

Salsa is a much different dance than anything I'm used to, and I'm really starting to enjoy it.  As one of three other guys taking the class, the pressure's on for me to learn the part of the lead.  Like any other dance and even more so, the lead has it all.  If I don't know my part, it makes it very difficult for the girls to learn their part.  Here's the problem: Since there are only 3 guys and about 15 girls, the teacher takes the time to carefully show la mujeres part, but shows los hombres the part a few quick times.  Do you see the problem?  However, all in all, the salsa is a very fun dance and the spanish songs are catchy.  I am learning my part fairly well and am just about ready for the salsa club.  Roberto, the instructor, is very good and has so good tips on how to lead and make the dance suave.  Salsa club, bring it on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment