Bienvenidos a Oaxaca!

I'm Bryan Dahms, and these are my adventures in Oaxaca, Mexico. I'm from Palmer, Alaska and am studying spanish at the Instituto Cultural Oaxaca.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

A New Home!

After a escalating amount of tension in my old house, I am now in a new house with an awesome family.  It was a hard experience leaving my family after two months, but definitely necessary.  Although the house was super nice and my old family did everything in terms of a guest relationship, but I didn't have any family interaction.  Conversations were short and most of the focus was on TV and the Yankees.  After many little stones dropping in the bucket, I finally decided it was time to move.  Not that they were a bad family (they probably would be great for many students), they just weren't a fit for me.    It was stressful packing in secret and then moving out, but now I realize that it was a good choice.  I now live with a grandma and her daughter and family, including two really cute granddaughters.  The family interaction is much healthier- they always talk and let me share in their family life which is exactly what I needed.  I also live with a student from Connecticut College and a Teacher from Washington.  It is a big family and so nice to have activity after 9:00 at night and internet access.  And I didn't think it was possible, but the food is actually better here!  My mom is a very talented cook and buys everything daily from the market in the morning.  Fresh squeezed OJ and eggs are some of my favorite dishes.  Thank you everyone for your prayers for my situation and I thank God that he gave me this family.
Vayan con Dios,
Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment